This is coming to you from my brand new laptop! I am excited that I used my hardworking money to purchase something that I have been wanting for a long time. I bought a 16" screen Toshiba from Bestbuy and it is now in my possesion and I am making it work.
Today I was treated to an early birthday dinner with Dianna (long lost sister lol) and she said we always eat the same things and she suggested we eat at a place different. We went to Cafe Colucci an Ethiopian Restaurant in Berkeley and I ordered Shrimp Tibs which was fresh shrimp sauteed with onions, bell pepper, jalapeno and fresh tomato in a spicy sauce! I forgot to capture the moment :( It was good, I thoroughly enjoyed it. At first I was skeptical and thought to myself I need utensils. Ethiopian entrees are not served with spoons and forks you eat with your fingers and Teff Injera which was something similar to tortillas or bread, but overall it was a good choice and I declared I will try a new type of food each week.
Other occurances today... I had a dentist appointment at 10:15am and I woke up at 10am. It's so sad I am really working on getting things together and being on time more, but everything worked out and I got my teeth cleaned. It was not too good of an experience because my nerves are damaged so the cold water being sprayed in my mouth was very painful. I made it to work around 11:30am and Chef Ronnie made me an amazing homemade cheesecake that he personal delivered to me and it was awesome. It's really sad reading about the things going on in Haiti so I donated to the disaster relief fund and said a prayer for all those that lost their lives in that tragedy. Once I was off work I went to bestbuy picked up my laptop and then headed to the Ethiopian Restaurant. Back to the top!
Overall good day. Tomorrow is the day I work on my aspiration statement for the Peace Corps. Things are moving so fast, but 10 days are flying by and I need to get my statement emailed to Morocco!
Goodnight!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment