Peace Corps Address

Write me a letter, send me a card my internet connection is horrible we need to utilize other means of communication!

Monica Johnson
BP 90 Poste Maroc
Fam El Hisn
84100 Maroc

My Journey to Morocco

My Journey to Morocco

Monday, February 1, 2010

the emotions have really began

I want to start by thanking everyone that reads my blog and everyone that participated in making my weekend awesome.

One week in to 25 years old is not bad. This past weekend was great. It was filled with tons of fun and great times. On Friday I slept all day. I arrived home around 6pm, got comfortable and decided to nap before going out to a party. Well my nap was longer than I anticipated. I went to sleep around 7pm and woke up at 2am. Party was practically over :(. Therefore, I decided to watch a little TV til around 9am.

Saturday was the greatest!!! I had a going away party in Oakland and it was filled with coworkers, family, and friends. It was a great turnout. It was potluck style, therefore we had tons of food. I really appreciated all the love I received and wanted to thank everyone who played a part in it!! It sometimes seems that Thank You isn't enough.

Didn't get much rest for Sunday, but I woke up for a great church service which I felt was directed towards me. It was about having faith in God and how things are just an arm length away. All you have to do is reach for what you want, have faith, believe in yourself, believe in God and take a chance without doubting yourself. I felt this was directly connected with me because I feel God has a plan for me, he has called me to do something and I cannot let fear pull me away from doing things. If I just have faith I can do anything. He used Matthew 14:22-31 about Peter walking on water and how he began to walk and when others were telling him he couldn't do it he doubted himself and began to sink, at that moment he asked God for help and things got better. I told myself to move forward, walk on water take my journey, stop doubting things that I do and if I get stuck call on God to help to guide me.

Itinerary for my journey...

Sunday, February 28:
Full of emotions, telling all my family and friends goodbye before I take my journey to another world!

* 8:50am: Depart from LAX
* 4:55pm: Arrive at PHL
* Check into the Holiday Inn

Monday, March 1:

* 12:00pm: Registration
* 2:00-7:00pm: Orientation/ Staging

Tuesday, March 2:

* 10:00am: Check out of hotel
* 10:30am: Depart for JFK
* 7:01pm: Depart NYC for Morocco

Wednesday, March 3:

* 7:40am: Arrive in Casablanca, Morocco (airport: CMN)
* Life changes from here on out!!

Well that's all for now! Just a little update :( I cannot stop swallowing to keep from crying... I am starting to feel that pain in my throat

No comments:

Post a Comment