Reality has finally set in. I have resigned, moved out of my apartment, uhauled all of my belongings to LA, stored the belongings, and add some contacts to the evite for the going away party. My mission now is to get people who are not so internet friendly home addresses so I can send invitations to their homes. Still have a lot on my mind, but I am not feeling as stressed as I have been. I was scared for a moment, but I am feeling a lot better. I love my Oakland family, but there is something about being in LA that calms my soul.
I got a uhaul truck on Friday (which cost me an arm, leg and kidney) I didn't know it cost so much to move. I mean everything is so expenisive in my eyes. I appreciate all the help from my Oakland mommy, sister, and friends that came out and made my move a smooth, fast success. We got it all done in the matter of hours. From there I put the keys in the mailbox and got on the road at 2am that night. After being awake all day, packing and moving I was extremely exhausted. I didn't get much rest, but I proceeded in leaving. Brandon and I was tired on the road, it was raining and the ride started to get very draining. Once we made it to Kettleman City we pulled over and took a nap, got back on the road around 6:30 and from there we were okay!
Made it to LA Saturday morning, dropped off Brandon went to my mom house and got some rest. Later that day, my lovely sister and brother in law helped me to unload the truck, which was a complete success! After everything was out of the truck I organized the boxes and put them in the storage.
All I know is reality is setting in and there is no turning back. I am beginning to get so excited and I cannot wait for the adventure. The hardest part is leaving the ones I love. Thinking about that gets me emotional...
Until next time...
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am going to miss my movie buddy....No more happy hour, No more extraordinarily long movies to talk shit over, No more LA road trips with photo shoots in the car....
ReplyDeleteOne of my best buds is going away...I will admit I am really sad but o so happy for your new adventure you are taking part in.
Make sure to take care, take the time and enjoy yourself and try a bunch of new shit.
Miss You Much Mo
Thank You B!! I am going to miss you too :( I am sad too
ReplyDelete