I have one week left in the United States and I am trying to do as much as I can in as little time. Every since i received my invitation to Morocco, I feel like things in my life has been going extrememly fast. I created this blog to express my feelings and emotions about life as I prepare for peace corps, but I feel as though things are going so fast and so many things are occuring that I cannot truly express how I feel. I like to write and type to vent and get things off my chest. I decided to change directions of the blog and not use it to vent, but use it more to update everyone on my process. There are always things going on in my life that seem to annoy me. Life as usual has changed and will continue to change and there is no need for me to complain and let every detail annoy me.
I tend to let every minor detail in life affect me. I lie in bed at night letting my thoughts consume me until I realize that hours has past and the sun has risen. There is so much on my mind from the fact that I will be leaving in a week, leaving my family for an extended period of time, relationships, finances, love, mission and purpose in life. I have been trying to lay out a 5 year plan. I see the peace corps for the next two years, but what's next? What do I have to look forward to after I return to the United States? Will I find a job? Go back to school? Live in the Bay? Live in Los Angeles? Marry? Have children? Extend my service? The real question I struggle with is What do I want to be doing? I try to not focus on what I will be doing and focus more on what I Want to be doing.
Tomorrow I will be having a going away party and I am excited about that. I dislike the fact that we have had beautiful weather in LA all week and tomorrow a storm supposed to come through. I am excited that all my family will come together to celebrate the fact that I will be taking a new journey in my life. I appreciate all the support I have been receiving regarding my departure and I also appreciate those that do not support my decision.
I didnt blog about yesterday and how I went on a bus journey in LA got lost and frustrated
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment