I am really loving the way my life is going right now. I had a going away party LA style yesterday and I really had a great time. I could not ask for more. I will not give too many details on the party, but I had fun. We had guest that came early and left early, guest that came from out of town, young guest, old guest and uninvited guest, but overall it was a cool turn out and I was pleased. I really have to give it up to my big sister who put all that together. I cannot express enough how much I love and appreciate my big sister. She has been my backbone for my entire life. I really wanna thank her (my sister), my brother in law, my mom, my dad, my little sister and everybody else who offered a helping hand to make the party a success. I really appreciate my old roommate, her mother, and grandmother, and little baby girl Jaimi for taking that road trip down to LA to celebrate with me. I also appreciate all my friends and family who came out to celebrate with me. It was great to see everyone who means the most to me come together and just party. All of my little babies were there playing together and I was overall happy. I got a little emotional for a minute, but I tried to stay strong for the sake of everyone else. I cry the most when I am alone. It is really hard for me to leave my sisters (elder and younger), but I am loving skype right now and I am ready for the adventure and excited that the experience can be shared via technology!
I still have not completely packed my luggage for Morocco yet, but my plan is to definitely get that done by Wednesday. I really have no choice it has to be done. I am excited because I got me a new camera!! Thanks Roommie!!
Well I will express how some people really believe I am the same person from years ago. I am a new Monica. I have definitely changed from 2 years ago and 2 years from now I will be a different person. It is not as easy as it use to be to get me to believe every little thing that comes out of your mouth. I really respect people that could admit their faults, but it really isn't enough. When I hurt I hurt hard. I have always been the one to forgive, move on, and not dwell too much on situtions. I remain friends with those that hurt me and the old me use to allow myself to continue to be hurt, the new me will not sit back and continue to allow myself to get hurt over and over and over again. One of the reason I am traveling is I am ready to do things for myself, put myself first and make me happy above others. I never had this selfish mentality and I don't believe it's really selfish of me to want to do certain things in my life that I wanna do.
Well I still have a few conversations to have with a few people before I leave but overall I am loving life, loving my friends, and definitely loving my family!!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
glad to hear you're enjoying yourself before departure. im so excited for you.
ReplyDelete